quinta-feira, 16 de julho de 2009

Apparently you can use your thoughts to create new circuits in the brain and therefore ultimately literally change your brain's responses to things. "By willfully treating invasive urges and compulasions as errant neurochemistry- rather than as thruthful messages that something is amiss- patients have altered the activity of the brain region that generates these thoughts."*
In my case, if I keep telling myself that this pining-for-my-long-lost-love-very-Cathy-and-Heathcliff-thing I do is not an actual romantic star-crossed lovers' scenario but merely a product of errant neurochemistry then maybe I might really get over this. For good. (As opposed to just transferring the same kind of behavior onto the next person that comes along.)
I just can't stop seeing your face.
Everything reminds me of you.
All the time.
Not romantic. Not soulmate. Not a sign.
Invasive.
Errant.
My brain is hardwired to do this. My brain is hardwired to fantasize.
Crap.


* Sharon Begley, Train Your Mind, Change Your Brain

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário